Saturday, August 27, 2011

in the hospital

On Wednesday at about 4:00 Sarah went to the hospital to get checked cause she was in so much pain and couldn't keep anything down. Turns out she has a blocked colon. She was admitted to the hospital where they inserted a tube from her stomach up through her esophagus and out her nose. It is to relieve the pressure in her stomach. Her stomach right now is the size of a football and her colon is as hard as a rock. She is in so much pain. Her friend Emily is there with her and of course Shaun doing all they can but she is in poor spirits. They might have to do surgery if they can't solve this problem in other ways. She and Shaun really, really don't want her to have to go through surgery. So pray that it will be resolved without surgery. As far as I know she is still in hospital but I'm not sure what is going on. She was in the middle of her 2nd round of chemo and was supposed to have the 2nd part of it yesterday - but I'm thinking they probably are just focusing on this problem right now. I hate to think of my little sister in so much pain and this on top of everything else she is dealing with. Just thought I'd let everyone know so you can send her some cheer if you want. Oh, her address in New York is:

Unit#1105
132 West 32nd Street
New York, NY 10001
(this isn't the hospital - it's the Hope Lodge where she is staying so it's good even after she gets released from the hospital)

Thank you all!!

PS - Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit New York today or this evening. They have shut down all the subways and canceled flights out of all 3 airports but Sarah and Shaun feel like they are in a pretty good place for a disaster - a place with food and medical supplies. So, hopefully they will be ok.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Ryan Mortensen. I'm one of Shaun and Sarah's friends. I was wondering if we could set up a link to a new page where Shaun and Sarah can list dates that they need flights so that people who want to contribute Sky Miles can coordinate with Shaun and Sarah. We already have 1 or 2 potential donors from Island View. Let me know what you think. You can e-mail me at morty1117@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about this! Poor girl and family! I hope they can figure everything out and the pain goes away!

    I have another question. I know it sounds dumb but what is Sarah's new last name? I never found that out. Please email me at pilotjwood@yahoo.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    We are thinking of you and praying for you. I know you do not know us but we are family of Rex and Jenny's. We pray for your courage, comfort and healing. We hope you do not feel alone but instead feel the love of so many that care about you. Even if we have not personally met :-)
    Love,
    Peter and Missy Shelley

    ReplyDelete